Wholesale Market Design and Monitoring
We assist clients on a variety of wholesale market design issues, including providing expert witnessing in regulatory and litigation proceedings. We provide analysis and recommendations based on economic principles and our experts’ extensive experience in wholesale power market design.
Our wholesale market design work covers the full range of modern markets, including:
- Market power analysis and mitigation
- Rate design
- Locational marginal pricing
- Financial transmission rights
- Capacity markets, shortage pricing, and resource adequacy mechanisms
- Ancillary services markets
- RTOs and ISOs
- Demand-side resources
- Credit provisions
- Open Access Transmission Tariff Design
- FERC policies and compliance
We also have unique experience in market monitoring, having served as the Independent Market Monitor for SPP from 2004 through 2009.